IPad vs. Tablet vs. Netbook

by hedy on February 27, 2011

Credit: Free images from acobox.com

So with my trip to London coming up (I was able to get a flight on Aer Lingus for $819, which isn’t horrible), I’m thinking about getting a tablet/netbook for photo backup and Internet.  I’m going to be holding off until the iPad2 is announced, but it in the meantime, I’m considering:
The Apple iPad MB292LL/A Tablet (16GB, Wifi).  The big pro on this is name recognition, I cannot imagine traveling without my iPod Classic.  It would also be great to rent/watch movies on the plane.  However, it has no Flash, and I would need to buy a camera connector. I’m hoping refurbs will come down in price once the Ipad2 is announced.

Next, we have an Android or Windows tablet.  I love my Droid Eris, so the appeal of having the Android OS on my tablet appeals to me.  I’m searching for wifi only, so my top contender is the Archos 70 – 250 GB Internet Tablet (Black).  It;s main con is that I couldn’t have iTunes on it.  Windows tablet-wise, ASUS Eee PC T101MT-EU27-BK 10.1-Inch Convertible Tablet (Black) looks pretty cool (I love my Asus laptop).

And then we have netbooks.  Nowhere near as sexy as tablets, but functional and with good battery life. I like the ASUS Eee PC 1001PX-EU27-BK 10.1-Inch Netbook (Black), Acer Aspire One AO522-BZ897 10.1-Inch HD Netbook (Diamond Black), and the Samsung NF310-A01 10.1-Inch Netbook (Titan Silver).

Do you hae any thoughts on the iPad vs. Tablet vs. Netbook debate?

Related Articles:

Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 2 trackbacks }

I am the proud owner of an iPad…
April 11, 2011 at 11:02 am
Tactical Equipment
October 16, 2018 at 6:11 pm

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Aleksie February 27, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I find the iPad cumbersome to type on. Even though you want to use it for internet, I still think it would be rather irritating to do that on.

My vote would be a netbook.

Marisa February 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I would think about what device you’d use more after your trip. I vote iPad. I own one… I use it daily. It’s like using my iPhone but with a big screen. It boots up quick, fast internet… I rarely run into flash issues. I think the other tablets on the market look shoddy in comparison. It’s also fairly light. You can sync your kindle books to it. You could just use that as your ereader and not bring a Kindle.

When I went abroad in Summer ’09, netbook was my only option for a travel device. The thing collects dust now. I did bring it on one trip in recent memory because I thought I might need to do work, but I didn’t use it. I say pick the device you feel you will use outside of the trip. If you have a decent laptop already, the netbook is just cumbersome and outdated.

Matt May 7, 2011 at 12:37 pm

For me, the iPad is a bit of a toy – it’s incredibly cool but I can’t see myself doing anything practical on it. This is why I bought a netbook :~)

The iPad 2 brings added temptation though…

Latricia July 24, 2011 at 9:51 am

It’s really great that people are srhanig this information.

Tactical Gear Junkie Bags October 24, 2018 at 6:38 pm

When the wind route is right it’s attainable to face quietly and watch
them undetected.

sell auto notes November 14, 2018 at 4:44 am

There are sites and printed journzls offering the reviews
on thee best super bikes in India as well ass the best 150cc bike
in India, which people can simply and conveniently avail and therefore go forward with all the ownership of one of
these. “We’re giing to send you $100 for referring Lydia.
It could be called aas the 1st impression oon a customer.